Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX625 and RM-VPR1

SOLVED
MartinW100
Explorer

HDR-CX625 and RM-VPR1

Has anyone actually connected an HDR-CX625 to a RM-VPR1 remote and used it for zooming in and out? I've checked the manual and it looks like it ought to work - the camera has a multi-function usb terminal etc - but it would be great to get confirmation before stumping up the cash.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinW100
Explorer

For the benefit of anyone who stumbles across this thread looking for information......

I sourced a 27 foot extension cable from studio1productions and it works fine. It replaces the 1m cable that comes with the remote control.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @MartinW100 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I havent tried what you asked about but it seems that the VPR1 was supported by a previous model,

the HDR-CX330 which is a good sign.

Have a look here

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

MartinW100
Explorer

Thanks for this.

The CX330  manual says it has a "Multi/Micro USB Terminal" - which the the CX625 also has. Tempted to buy the camera and the remote.......

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries :slight_smile:

If you do let us know how you got on

:slight_smile:

MartinW100
Explorer

OK, nothing ventured, nothing gained.......

Just bought the camera and the RM-VPR1 is on the way from a well known internet vendor named after a river!

Camera does have an external microphone socket.

Camera does have a micro hdmi output socket, which outputs a 'clean' hdmi signal to an external monitor whilst it is recording. NB the micro hdmi socket is quite fragile any long cable will need to be supported.

MartinW100
Explorer

Happy to confirm that the RM-VPR1 will operate the zoom and the start record/stop with the HDR-CX625.

Remember that the cable is only about a metre long, so I'm going to source an extension cable. Might take a while to arrives (USA -> UK), but looking good for an 'endzone' type set-up, i.e. camera up on a 5m mast, me sat down next to it with a monitor and the remote control.....

MartinW100
Explorer

27 foot extension cable for the RM-VPR1 on the way.

MartinW100
Explorer

For the benefit of anyone who stumbles across this thread looking for information......

I sourced a 27 foot extension cable from studio1productions and it works fine. It replaces the 1m cable that comes with the remote control.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

That's a great result, Martin!

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread. It's creative input from people like you that makes our community the great resource it is :slight_smile:

Best,

Mick_D

Community Manager