HDR-SR10E: how to delete and unprotect files/data

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
naumanzahid
Visitor

HDR-SR10E: how to delete and unprotect files/data

I am using HDR-SR10E

could anybody help  me to solve the following problem:

1-a) I can see my video clip information in the preview mode, but when i touch it to play, it says " no applicable files available"   and if i try to delete it, I get DATA PROTECTED.  (and the best part is when i connect my cam to my computer through USB i can play the same file)

Thanks

Regards

Nauman.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Nauman - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It may be a good idea to use the USB connection to transfer all of the video data to your computer and once you are sure that all of the information has been backed up and copied over, you can then format the hard drive within the camera and return it to the factory settings.

In order to do this with the HDR-SR10E, you can push a small object into the RESET button to return the camera to the factory settings and erasing all data from the hard drive should be possible using the MEDIA FORMAT menu which can be found by pressing the HOME button and MANAGE MEDIA.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Nauman - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It may be a good idea to use the USB connection to transfer all of the video data to your computer and once you are sure that all of the information has been backed up and copied over, you can then format the hard drive within the camera and return it to the factory settings.

In order to do this with the HDR-SR10E, you can push a small object into the RESET button to return the camera to the factory settings and erasing all data from the hard drive should be possible using the MEDIA FORMAT menu which can be found by pressing the HOME button and MANAGE MEDIA.

Thanks,

Simon