Join now - be part of our community!

HOW DO I FIX A RECORDING AFTER ACCIDENTALLY HAVING THE NIGHTSHOT PLUS SWITCHED ON ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alastairwatt
Visitor

HOW DO I FIX A RECORDING AFTER ACCIDENTALLY HAVING THE NIGHTSHOT PLUS SWITCHED ON ?

HOW DO I FIX A RECORDING OF AN AMATEUR THEATRE RECORDING AFTER ACCIDENTALLY HAVING THE NIGHTSHOT PLUS SWITCHED ON. THE WHOLE SHOW PLAYS BACK IN MOSTLY GRAY AND BLUE. THERE WERE A LOT OF BRIGHT COLOURS - REDS, YELLOWS, GREENS ETC BUT MOST HAVE COME OUT AS ABOVE.

THE CAMERA IS A DCR-SR36E

I CAN'T RECORD THE SHOW AGAIN !

Any assistance on how to fix this [if it can be fixed !] appreciated.

thanks

[Amateur !] Al

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

when activating the night shot (plus) function an infrared filter is removed from the sensor so that more "invisible" light is captured and the camera is capable of recording movies in nearly dark places. However - to increase sensitivity - it also switches to a black and white mode.

If night shot mode was accidentally enabled during recording all your footage will show this effect and you can not fix this really in postprocessing.

I wonder why nobody has noticed the wrong setting during recording. The night shot effect is shown on the live image on the camera of course....

Message was edited by: cmosse

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

when activating the night shot (plus) function an infrared filter is removed from the sensor so that more "invisible" light is captured and the camera is capable of recording movies in nearly dark places. However - to increase sensitivity - it also switches to a black and white mode.

If night shot mode was accidentally enabled during recording all your footage will show this effect and you can not fix this really in postprocessing.

I wonder why nobody has noticed the wrong setting during recording. The night shot effect is shown on the live image on the camera of course....

Message was edited by: cmosse

profile.country.en_GB.title
alastairwatt
Visitor

Thanks cmosse

No-one noticed because the camera was set up, but unmanned, at the back of the hall.

The record button was pressed before the houselights went off at the start and the camera left running for the duration of the show.

I only noticed when I played it back on my television back home.

Interesting to know how the night shot switch works though. Have never used it but did lend the camera to a relative a few months ago - they must have been playing about and left night shot switched on.

Will just have to turn it into a proper black and white film.

thanks again for your help

Al