Join now - be part of our community!

How to import to network drive?

profile.country.da_DK.title
TinGud
New

How to import to network drive?

I have a Sony Handycam and when I try to import videos from the camera to the drive (C) on the computer via Handycam Utility software it works fine.

But when I try to change the destination folder for the files to a networkdrive that is connected to my computer via wi-fi the software will not allow me to press "ok" when I have selected the networkdrive-folder.

Are there anyone who can help me out please?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Have you try to create a sub-folder, into “network” virtual drive, and select this sub-folder?

I try on my PC and Play Memories Home says “OK”!!!

wifi.png

(Italian Windows version!!!)

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.da_DK.title
TinGud
New

Thank you for you response.

Yes I have already tried that and it is still not possible to chose the sub-folder. Could it have something to do with the version of the Handycam Utility Software? Allthough I cannot find out which version it is but the camera and software is almost six years old.

Handycam download to network drive.jpg

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi "TinGud",
I’m sorry, but, I thought that you’re using Play Memories Home.
Which is the model name of your Camcorder and
which is the name of your Handycam Utility Software?
(There are more than three software (freeware) for Handycams. Play Memories Home, Picture Motion Browser, Pixela Picture Package, etc.)

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)