Join now - be part of our community!

Issue finalizing a disk in a DCR403E Camcorder

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Heathtu
Visitor

Issue finalizing a disk in a DCR403E Camcorder

Hi,  I was finalizing a DVD-RW disk in my Sony Digital camcorder and it's given me an errorC13-02 and or Disk Error when I try to play the disk.  Have tried taking the disk out and restarting the camcorder, however now the disk won't let me view or play what I had videod. I have also tried to finalize other disks and it worked okay on some but didn't work on others. Any ideas if I have lost the video I made and how I could possibly fix this....  Thx HT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Heathtu - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When you put the DVD into a computer and try to read it, are you able to see the contents of the disc? If not, there is software available online that will try and recover data from damaged or imperfect media. There are too many for me to list, but if you type 'dvd data recovery free software' into Google you will see some free options.

You may find that the error occurs with a particular brand of DVD-RW as well. If this is the case, you can experiment and then stick with whichever brand is the most reliable - unfortunately different brands are known to be more effective than others.

Hope this helps,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Heathtu - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When you put the DVD into a computer and try to read it, are you able to see the contents of the disc? If not, there is software available online that will try and recover data from damaged or imperfect media. There are too many for me to list, but if you type 'dvd data recovery free software' into Google you will see some free options.

You may find that the error occurs with a particular brand of DVD-RW as well. If this is the case, you can experiment and then stick with whichever brand is the most reliable - unfortunately different brands are known to be more effective than others.

Hope this helps,

Simon