Join now - be part of our community!

Play back iPhone video via projector handy cam

profile.country.en_IE.title
missjudy2013
Visitor

Play back iPhone video via projector handy cam

Hi, does any one know if one can play back a movie saved on an iPhone via a hanycam with a built in projector (especially the HDR-PJ26VE), I am almost 70% sure I saw it advertised!!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi hope all is well

I could not find any info on that modle but going from the closest I could find, HDR-PJ260VE, it has various connections but only act as an output only.

It may be possibly saving videos from your phone and converting them on a computer before then transferring to the Handycam but it is difficult to really say if it is going to be playable or not. Have you got any links or info where it may have mentioned it could do it?

Regards

Mick2011
New

Hey Teshi :slight_smile: how's things?

The only way this would work on the PJ260VE (I think that's what missjudy meant to type :smileywink:) is via the removable media (memory stick) as the camera has no other form of data input, as you say. I guess you'd upload the iPhone vid to a PC and get it into a format the handycam will accept for playback. Then copy this to an SD / MemoryStick, insert in camera, cross fingers...

I have no idea what format it would have to be, or whether the cam would even recognise a 'stand-alone' MP4 or .mov file. Any ideas?

Cheers

Mick

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Ah sorry, meant to add in about external media.

Things have been good. Settled back in my usual routine. :