Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Home Ver. 5.5.01

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
vihubba74
New

PlayMemories Home Ver. 5.5.01

Hi,

I have wedding film taken by the Sony Handycam HDR-CX11E camcorder in AVCHD format. All the scenes played separately are all in sync with the sound but when these scenes are all joined together using PlayMemories Home, the sound is out of sync with the pictures. It starts off ok but gradually gets further and further out of sync as the film moves on.

Would appreciate any help to overcome this problem.

Thank you

Vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Hi,

I can upload and share it with you, but before that, check the new version of PlayMemories (6.0.00.12211). The problem with the sound delay does not exist anymore. Sony fixed this bug...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

@vihubba74 wrote:

Hi,

I have wedding film taken by the Sony Handycam HDR-CX11E camcorder in AVCHD format. All the scenes played separately are all in sync with the sound but when these scenes are all joined together using PlayMemories Home, the sound is out of sync with the pictures. It starts off ok but gradually gets further and further out of sync as the film moves on.

Would appreciate any help to overcome this problem.

Thank you

Vic

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Hi vihubba74,

I had the same problem with PlayMemories software but I found a solution for that.

Check this topic:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/camcorders/problem-with-playmemories-home/m-p/2456989#M4655

profile.country.GB.title
vihubba74
New

Hi ioagount,

Thank you for your reply. I will give that a go asap and let you know how it goes.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Vic

profile.country.NL.title
DSxp-tv

This problem is more then a year old

On 10/08/2017 in version 5.4.02 everything was OK.
On 08/10/2017 in versie 5.5 the problem started.

I have seen this problem in an earlier Community Question. But I cannot find it anymore.

profile.country.NL.title
DSxp-tv

I have the HDR-CX130ES from 2012 and I have this asynchronious sound problem. 

There are multiple hardware problems with this camera and I want to buy a new one.

If you have a newer camera is the asynchronious sound problem with the merge function still there?

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Τhe asynchronious sound problem exists for the software PlayMemorier only. Of course the camera (FDR-AX33 for me) has not problem with the sound. I use a third party software to merge the separate files that camera creates, but the new merged file can not be recognized by the PlayMemories, so I am not be able to use it for further editing and the problem goes on...

profile.country.NL.title
DSxp-tv

The FDR-AX33 is a new camera. So the problem is not dependent from the source of the video (old or new camera).

Q: Is there a possibility to install older 5.4 software?

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

How can we be sure that the older version 5.4 works fine?

Until the problem is fixed you can try my solution: https://community.sony.gr/t5/camcorders/problem-with-playmemories-home/m-p/2456989#M4655

profile.country.NL.title
DSxp-tv

I have merged on 10/08/2017 and there was no synchronisation problem.
The next merge was on 08/10/2017 and had the synchronisation problem.
By my knowlegde was the first one with 5.4.02 and the second one with 5.5.

I can not find older versions of playmemories, so I can not try it.