Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rae_Marie
Visitor

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

I recently got the sony handycam model HDR-CX190 and it recemended me to install Playmemories as a software for my videos. I did so, but when I tryed to install the expanded features, I got an error saying "Cannot install because this program does not support the operating system on the computer. This program requries Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, or later windows operating systems." I have Windows 7, Service Pack 1 and my laptop is only two years old. If I'm not mistaken, the camera I have came out this year as well as Playmemories, so I don't understand why I would get this error. If anyone could help me on this I'd greatly appericate it.

Message was edited by: Rae_Marie

21 REPLIES 21
rocketman
New

I'm on windows 8 and just bought my HDR cx 190 on new years eve i have tried to download the same programme from the camera with no success and also from the web site but before the programme is fully set up i get an error message saying can't startplaymemories as there are something missing or the data is corrupt tried everything still no success i will probably not bother with this programme

Regards

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Rae_Marie and Rocketman - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Can I just confirm that both of you are downloading the latest version of the software from the Sony support page for the CX190 which is located here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HDR-CX190E/updates

Thanks,

Simon

Rae_Marie
Visitor

I did not get my download from that webpage. When I connected my camera to my laptop, it automatically gave me a download for playmemories. Does this mean the software download given to me was outdated? Should I uninstall it and reinstall it from the sony webpage?

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again Rae_Marie :slight_smile:

In theory, the process you have followed should have automatically given you the latest version of the software. As you are trying to do this in Windows 7, are you logged in as an administrator at the time or does the software ask you to enter an admin password for permission to install it?

Thanks,

Simon

Rae_Marie
Visitor

Yes, I am the administrator.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. I may have to refer this to a customer support contact at Sony to see if they have any ideas. Before I do this, could you also let me know if there is any kind of error code that comes up with the error message (this may be in very small text). Even if it is just the error message text, please let me know either way and I will escalate this problem.

Thanks,

Simon

colbry
Visitor

Second issue I have - or rather the first issue I had before trying to update - is that the included version of PlayMemories Home recognises but does not list the video files on the SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD card. So I can see the jpg 'scene' caps on the built-in memory and I can select the SD card but the video files are not listed so I cannot select them for transfer. I can see them with Windows Explorer and transfer and edit with Windows Movie Maker but I would prefer to use the PMH software for the GPS etc features.

The Sandisk SD card seems to work with the camera in every other way but the PMH software doesn't seem to want to read it.

As with my previous reply I have tried to update but that didn't work.

Message was edited by: colbry

colbry
Visitor

I have a similar problem with PlayMemories Home on a recently purchased HDR-GW55VE. Installed included version, tried to update and extend using included option and direct from website but get error message as shown.PMH error.png

I have a Lenovo 64bit Windows7 PC (the (64bit seems to be a common feature of this problem). Vaguely remember having a problem with connecting to databases (ODBC?) due to 32/64bit issue when I first got this PC November 2011. I seem to remember that was something to do with installation in the default directory (x86?) not having the required Windows files or being a different name.

Rae_Marie
Visitor

Nope, there is no error code that I can see. I just get the same message I posted above from playmemories home installer. And thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.