Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rae_Marie
Visitor

Problem with Playmemories Installation (Handycam HDR-CX190)

I recently got the sony handycam model HDR-CX190 and it recemended me to install Playmemories as a software for my videos. I did so, but when I tryed to install the expanded features, I got an error saying "Cannot install because this program does not support the operating system on the computer. This program requries Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, or later windows operating systems." I have Windows 7, Service Pack 1 and my laptop is only two years old. If I'm not mistaken, the camera I have came out this year as well as Playmemories, so I don't understand why I would get this error. If anyone could help me on this I'd greatly appericate it.

Message was edited by: Rae_Marie

21 REPLIES 21
colbry
Visitor

hi Simon,

I know you are asking Rae_Marie because I already said it worked for me - but just for your customer feedback; when I got PMH working I was disappointed with the editing functionality. Windows Movie Maker is free and much better with the ease or cutting and splicing clips, adding frames and audio etc. For creating a DVD with mp4 files and chapter menus I am using DVDStyler, free open source.

Just for anyone else who is struggling with PMH, it might not be worth it except you might be able to use time stamps and GPS data created by the Sony camera with PMH and not with WMM..

regards

Colin

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi Colin :slight_smile:

I am not actually a Sony employee, but having said that there are Sony developers who constantly monitor these forums, and any feedback will always be taken on board.

I completely understand what you are saying about using alternative software. In the majority of situations, I spend a lot of time looking at open source alternatives for anything that I do. I know that they may not be suitable for everyone, but I have nothing but admiration for developers who spend a huge amount of time creating a free product - in reality, they do not receive much in the way of financial rewards for this.

Thanks,

Simon