Join now - be part of our community!

Sony AX53 Camera

profile.country.RO.title
AndyLupescu
Explorer

Sony AX53 Camera

Hi,I need some help regarding they way that this camera records audio with external mic used on 3.5mm audio in jack! So,at the moment I have Sony xyst1m mic,Rode Stereo Video Mic Pro and Olympus ls14 recorder (also had a Tascam mic) and with every one I use,even if I chose Manual or Automatic (in camera,mic settings),I can feel the difference only for a few seconds,then the camera brings the sound level to the level that it wants,not that I want!

Why is this happening? I have a gain switch on Rode mic,+10db_0db_+20db but how can I use it,when the camera just does what it wants? I choose -10db and in few sec the recording volume level just goes up till were the camera wants!

Please help and also please let me know if the same thing happens with the Sony AX700 camera! thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AndyLupescu,

you simply have the mic-level on auto - kindly check the following help-guide:

https://helpguide.sony.net/cam/1630/v1/en/contents/TP0000933288.html?search=audio

You can manually adjust the level on the FDR AX100 and FDR AX700 as well.

- Nic

profile.country.RO.title
AndyLupescu
Explorer

Hi,thank you for your answer,but like I've said,this thing happens even if I set the mic on manual mode! for example,if I choose the volume to be at half way,in the manual mode of the mic,the camera records at that level just for a few sec,and then the volume goes up as much as the camera wants!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AndyLupescu,

are you sure you "acknowledged" the manual setting? If you didn't "lock" it, it will still be at automatic setting which causes the behavior you are describing.

- Nic

profile.country.RO.title
AndyLupescu
Explorer

Manual mode,in camera settings microphone settings....what do you mean by "lock" it? thank you

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AndyLupescu,

sometimes people forget to actually select a setting and just think they selected it. If I recall correctly in the old menu the FDR AX53 runs you have to click on a little icon in the lower right corner.

I will check on my FDR AX100 as soon as I come hime - it runs the same menu.

- Nic

profile.country.RO.title
AndyLupescu
Explorer

Camera settings - microphone - automatic & manual to choose from! Then When I set it to manual mode,and play with the volume,it does just that: so if I go half way,the sound goes lower and after few sec,the camera just rise the volume by itself,even if I use the sony external mic on shoe or with cable!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @AndyLupescu,

on my FDR AX100 if I press "Manual" and leave the menu via "OK" in the upper left corner, the setting persists.

- Nic