Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR CX-550VE Buffer overflow

profile.country.hu_HU.title
anagami
Visitor

Sony HDR CX-550VE Buffer overflow

Hello, I also need your help concerning „buffer overflow” problem.

The camera was purchased in 2010 by my boss, who used it only for making HD HQ shots – without problem. Since two months we have used the camera for making SD shots and after about 40 minutes shooting the camera pops up the message BUFFER OVERFLOW in nearly every second and of course stops working. After a 5 minutes stop the camera is able to continue for ca. 15 minutes and then starts again with the popups.

There is no drop sensor in this camera as it has an internal memory and not  a  hard disk, so these cannot be the explanation. The strange is that shooting in HD mode the camera is working well. So we have the fault only in SD mode.

Is there a solution or an explanation for this problem? The Hungarian Sony service has not heard about this problem yet and they have no idea about the reason.

I am looking forward for you replies and help!!!!

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello anagami - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Is this error only occuring when recording to the internal memory or does it happen when you are trying to record onto an SD card or memory stick as well?

Thanks,

Simon

anagami
Visitor

Hello Simon,

yes, unfortunately it happens also at recording onto an ("external") SD card.

Anikó

klauzser
Visitor

Try using a different SD card. That works for me when I changed my SD card.

anagami
Visitor

That we can try of course. Good to hear that this can help! :slight_smile:

Otherwise have you probably tried to find out the reason for the problem at a Sony service center?

Anikó

profile.country.ro_RO.title
galea2000
Visitor

Hello

I have same problem to Sony HDR CX550 - 64 Gb internal., random - buffer overflow - , sometimes camcorder turns off while recording.Used internal memory. But  I don't loose the footages it's auto recovered.

I try: reset from small button, power off - nothing.

Place a card SD, card extreme video from SanDisk 30Mb/s class 10 - same error.

Format the memory from camera - same error.  If a leave the camera without battery for 1 hour - same error.

Can be rerwite the firmware? . I think is a software error.

Thanks.

profile.country.tr_TR.title
ilhamiyanik
Visitor

Hdr 550 ve cameramı kullanmaya doyamadan aynı sıkıntıları bende yasadım

Cozum adınada yıne aynı yontemleri denedim fakat cozum olmadı

Teknık servis ise

Kameraların calısma mantıgında once birönbellek e (ara bellek) kayıt yaptıgını oradan da hafızaya aktardıgını, bu hatanın ise ön bellege gonderilen goruntunun normalınuzerınde olması yada diger bır tabirle on bellegın gelen goruntuyu karsılayamaması olarak tanımladı. İki sebebi olabilirmis

Ya anakart bozuk yada hard dısk

Her ıkısı de yenı bır kamera parasına takın...

Ben bu durumun fırmasan uretım hatası olarak yasandıgını dusunuyorum

-Soup-
Visitor

Hi ihamiyanik,

Welcome to Sony Forum! This is an English language forum and it's preferred you post in English so other forum users can help you more easily. If you prefer the forum in Turkish you can find the link here:

http://www.sony.com.tr/discussions/community/tr/destek?lang=tr

Kind Regards,

-Soup-

Forum Moderator

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Found this on a Sony support site:

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/faq/441764

Q:

How to resolve when "Buffer overflow. Writing13:35 09.11.2012 to the media was not completed in time." message appears and the recording automatically stops?

A:

Recording on a memory card may fail if you repeat copying and deleting image files or text files on a memory card using the computer, or if you format the card using other devices. In this case, format the memory card using the camcorder. Be careful that all the data will be lost if you format the card.

If the performance of your memory card is low, recording data may not be written in the memory card and recording may stop with the Buffer overflow message. Check the usable memory card as follows;

SD Memory Card
- SD Memory Cards with Class 4 or faster

- SDHC Memory Cards with Class 4 or faster

- SDXC Memory Cards with Class 4 or faster

Memory Stick
- Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2)

- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo