Join now - be part of our community!

Transfering video from HDR-HC3 to computer problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
alporte7774
Visitor

Transfering video from HDR-HC3 to computer problem

Hi, Please can someone try to help me in transfering video from a Sony HDR-HC3 camcorder to my computer. I am using Serif software but have also tried to use Windows Movie Maker but neither will recognise the camcorder. I have Windows Vista and I am using a FIREWIRE cable. I am putting the camcorder in PLAY mode but I cannot get either software to recognise the camcorder. I use the same Firewire cable to transfer video from my Sony DCR-HC3 to the computer without and problems. Perhaps I am setting up the camera incorrectly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, regards, Alan

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello alporte7774 :slight_smile:

If you are already able to transfer video using Firewire on your other camcorder, at least you know that your Firewire socket is functioning correctly. When the camera is connected to your computer, does it appear in Computer/My Computer as a recognised device?

Also, with the HDR-HC3, the camera needs to be set up to output video in DV format so that it can be recognised by software such as Windows Movie Maker. If you take a look at page 88 of the manual it will tell you the correct combination of settings to use regarding conversion etc. so that your recorded data can be successfully captured on your PC:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/HDRHC3.pdf

Thanks,

Simon