Join now - be part of our community!

Uninstall playmemories home

SOLVED
profile.country.no_NO.title
Frejao
Visitor

Uninstall playmemories home

Seems after updating pmb i cant convert video- so i want to uninstall playmemories Home. But when trying this from Windows it says it cant uninstall since a program still is running (which i dont see). How to uninstall?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

you can check in the task manager (press CTRL+STRG + DEL) which program or process is still running.

For example you can check in the processes tab for the "PMB Voulme Watcher" and terminate this tool which is installed by Picture Motion Browser / Play Memories.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

you can check in the task manager (press CTRL+STRG + DEL) which program or process is still running.

For example you can check in the processes tab for the "PMB Voulme Watcher" and terminate this tool which is installed by Picture Motion Browser / Play Memories.

Cmosse I found your post online in a Google search and I just wanted to thank you for your simple but 100% effective advice tip, which enabled me to uninstall Playmemories Home successfully. I had foolishly downloaded an update from Sony that turned out to be incompatible with my videos already on the computer (so basically I couldn't view/edit any of my own videos) and I should have created a system restore point before running the update but I didn't, and then when it wouldn't let me uninstall it I thought I was going to have to pay tons of money for a tech to fix my problem. The internet needs more people like you :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Sheila363
New

I have been trying to uninstall Playmemories for 2 solid days now but to no avail. Then I read your post and now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current version. I'm just writing to DVD now so "fingers crossed"!

I had looked in task manager but couldn't find a problem until I read your post and knew what to look for. 

Many thanks for sharing this knowledge.