Join now - be part of our community!

What is the difference between the HDR CX760V and the HDR CX730?

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
flytelaw
Visitor

What is the difference between the HDR CX760V and the HDR CX730?

I live in Europe and I have a Samsung LED 8000 series TV which is PAL/NTSC capable so what if any advantage is there between getting the 2 camcorders above......the specs seem different....

Many thanks!

Chris

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Chris - Welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

Looking at these two models, it would entirely depend on your own personal needs as with your TV, using either of them would be possible i.e. it can handle both formats.

The CX760V has a large 96GB flash memory already built in which would eliminate the need to purchase additonal memory cards. However, being forced to constantly record in NTSC format may cause problems when trying to use the footage with something other than your own TV as essentially this is a model that is aimed at the US market.

The CX730 on the other hand is aimed at the UK market and so would be compatible with a large range of other devices. However, there is no internal memory and so you would need to purchase memory cards seperately (this can make it easier to transfer videos to a PC though).

The other specs do differ but overall they would both give a high quality output as these are both reasonably advanced models in their range.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Chris - Welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

Looking at these two models, it would entirely depend on your own personal needs as with your TV, using either of them would be possible i.e. it can handle both formats.

The CX760V has a large 96GB flash memory already built in which would eliminate the need to purchase additonal memory cards. However, being forced to constantly record in NTSC format may cause problems when trying to use the footage with something other than your own TV as essentially this is a model that is aimed at the US market.

The CX730 on the other hand is aimed at the UK market and so would be compatible with a large range of other devices. However, there is no internal memory and so you would need to purchase memory cards seperately (this can make it easier to transfer videos to a PC though).

The other specs do differ but overall they would both give a high quality output as these are both reasonably advanced models in their range.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.pt_PT.title
flytelaw
Visitor

Many thanks!  760 it is!