Join now - be part of our community!

Why can't I register my HDR-CX550VE - it is not in the list?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
macker6464
Visitor

Why can't I register my HDR-CX550VE - it is not in the list?

Hi all

I wanted to register my camcorder HDR-550VE but it does't show in the drop down lists.

Any ideas?

Great camcorder.

Cheers

macker6464

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

It seems to be there now: -

CX550VE.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

It seems to be there now: -

CX550VE.jpg

macker6464
Visitor

Isn't that stange. Thank you Blencogo.

Interestingly using HDR-CX550VE in the first search box brings up a slightly different set of sub menus to those you get if you choose the second route of "or browse by category". For example using the above search shows the category of "CAM High Definition Handycam" and the HDR-CX550VE is there as an option, whereas browsing by category only gives you "High Definition Handycam" or "Standard Definition Handycam" and the camcorder options are less and do not contain my model.

If you enter the model name in the first box as HDR-CX550VE (as I did) you then need to press either or for the new menus to appear below. Maybe I just used the mouse to go to the next field which resets the search field and prevents the other categories apearing.

A minor glitch but all solved so thanks a lot for your assistance.

macker6464

macker6464
Visitor

Now all happily registered but it states:

"HDR-CX550VE

Product description not available in the country and/or language you selected "

Ummh, live in the UK, speak English, bought it from the main on line electronics store...

Come on Sony sort your registration thingy out - I just gave you a 10/10 for recommending you to friends!