Join now - be part of our community!

windows 7[64 bit] & firewire

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
keithbar
Visitor

windows 7[64 bit] & firewire

Aftter completely wasting my time on MS tech web site, can anybody share info on how to get firewire transfer working in windows 7 [64bit]. Have tried all drivers including legacy, posed question to many retailers of pci cards nd they cannot even give a straight answer. Surely I cannot be the only individual worldwide that suffers this problem. Bit disappointed that Sony have not tasked a solution for this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello keithbar - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I also have a 64 bit Windows 7 PC and had a similar problem a little while back. In the end, I decided to save myself a lot of time and hassle and I took an old copy of Windows XP (I still had my old valid license key as well) and I installed XP as a backup operating system. Then, I found that my PCI firewire card worked flawlessly and I was able to save the captured videos into a folder that was accessible once I rebooted back into Windows 7. It isn't exactly an ideal solution but in the end it did save a lot of hassle.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello keithbar - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I also have a 64 bit Windows 7 PC and had a similar problem a little while back. In the end, I decided to save myself a lot of time and hassle and I took an old copy of Windows XP (I still had my old valid license key as well) and I installed XP as a backup operating system. Then, I found that my PCI firewire card worked flawlessly and I was able to save the captured videos into a folder that was accessible once I rebooted back into Windows 7. It isn't exactly an ideal solution but in the end it did save a lot of hassle.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

you can try the workaround which is described in the following forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/65cb7a25-2a84-4875-aa27-b084537...