Join now - be part of our community!

Bright sunshine shader for LCD screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
Stevekir
Visitor

Bright sunshine shader for LCD screen

I recently bought a DSC-HX9v camers. Very pleased. However, as with all cameras without an optical viewfinder, it is quite often a problem in bright sunlight to see the screen in enough detail to compose the shot. I would welcome a detachable (probably plastic) cover, as shown in the model below, that would consist of a shaped plastic cover with a simple lens (like those in watchmakers' magnifiers that are temporarily fitted to the soft tissue round the eye) which would exclude the light and allow the user's eye to get close to the screen yet see it sharply.

Sun Shader.jpg

- What do others think? and

- Do Sony look at this discussion board?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There are 'pop-up' shades for the NEX-5 range: -

screenshade.jpg

I am not sure I would want to carry a non-folding shade about like the one in your picture - I would rather carry a SLR.  How would it fix to the screen?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Stevekir
Visitor

Perhaps I could make one similar to the NEX-5 one. I agree that my design would be bulky, compared to the NEX-5 idea which includes collapsibility. Attaching it would be a problem. Perhaps I could hold it in place when taking troublesome shots which are not actually very frequent. Or perhaps strap it to my eye, — perhaps not! Hang on, why not clip it on to my glasses? Worth trying.

Thanks for the help.