Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot pair rx100m7 via Bluetooth

profile.country.GB.title
Blueingreen79
Explorer

Cannot pair rx100m7 via Bluetooth

I have recently upgraded my iPhone to an iPhone 13 with iOS 15 and I'm trying to pair my RX 100 mark7 using Bluetooth however when I put the camera into pairing mode the camera does not appear in the device list on the phone any ideas by this would be?

tia,

tom

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @Blueingreen79 

No idea but with computer problems always start again from scratch.

So reset bluetooth settings both on your camera and your phone, restart both and try again.

Sometimes a simple restart of both will do as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Blueingreen79
Explorer

Thank you for your reply that was my first instinct too. However didn't get any further forward I have however I did try to rule out the phone with a different iPhone and also my suspicions came onto iOS 15 so I took out my daughters iPod touch which obviously has iOS 6 on it and even that couldn't discover the camera which I think is ruled out just about all the bases I can cover now so I think a call to Sony  supporter is in order I will post back if I make progress.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No Bluetooth but Wi-Fi...:

Controlling the camera using an iPhone or iPad (QR Code)

https://helpguide.sony.net/dsc/1920/v1/en/contents/TP0001211731.html

Controlling the camera using an iPhone or iPad (SSID)

https://helpguide.sony.net/dsc/1920/v1/en/contents/TP0001140494.html

profile.country.GB.title
Blueingreen79
Explorer

So what I had forgotten (or didn't realise) is that you have to do the pairing for location tagging through this and imaging edge app having realised this it's not working great

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Blueingreen79

I tried what @Marino.Manolo suggested and it worked for me. Let us know if you've tried them and did they work or not ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blueingreen79
Explorer

I did not realise you had to specifically use the imaging app to air the phone by Bluetooth for geotagging very straightforward in the end :slight_smile: