Join now - be part of our community!

Questions for play memories home/online

profile.country.GR.title
thanos_t
Explorer

Questions for play memories home/online

Hello

I recently bought sony hx60 and I have some troubles fixing settings for play memories online and home.

Specifically I cant find any settings at all to automate the process for uploading in the free? resolution to p.m.online.

Manuals from sony talking for "all sync" settings in p.m.home ,or to set up my account in p.m.online.

But not such settings exist,so before I abandon the idea of free cloud based storage through p.m.online and search for alternatives I will make one last effort through sony community.

I have made the necessary accounts and registrations,I downloaded the latest version of play memories home,my computer is 64bit/Windows10 and all these from Greece ( maybe it is not supported here ? )

What have I done wrong?

Thank you for your time.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When you connect your HX60 with USB or have set up WiFi properly, it should sync from the camera to the computer.

When you log in it should sync from the computer to the cloud.

If you cannot get it running I can try to 'replay' your efforts.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

|Hey thanos_t, I'm not sure about Greece, try Starmpke's suggestion then contact Sony directly I say.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Well?

Succeeded?

profile.country.GR.title
thanos_t
Explorer

hello

no 😞

online instructions are outdated or inaccurate , or my country ( gr )  is not supported.

disappointed the very least.. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

What about a new attempt.

- Remove PlayMemoriesHome from your computer and do a factory reset on your camera.

- Restart your computer and install PlayMemoriesHome

- Create a new user and login as such.

- Setup Access Point setting on your camera so that it connects to your local network.

- Connect your camera with USB, see that it is recognised by your computer and PlayMemoriesHome

- Setup WiFi connection from within PlayMemoriesHome with your camera

- You will get a question about allowing the connection, so allow

- Disconnect USB

- On your camera in the menu go for Send to Computer and there you go! (= there you should go!)

BTW

Can you upload pictures to your smartphone using Imaging Edge Mobile?

profile.country.GR.title
thanos_t
Explorer

Hello

I tried again all the steps and succeeded until the last step but the problem still remains.

No "all sync" option .. nowhere .. not in p m home or p m online.

I am pretty sure that the problem is my country (Greece), the service probably is not available here.

As for the second question I think something similar is happening , I can share images through facebook , twitter etc ,but nothing with sony .

It is my mistake that I didn't double checked before buying.Now I will need to look for another cloud service as a secondary back up.

Thank you very much for your time, please forgive my bad English ,sadly I understand much better than I can write.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@thanos_t 

Just to verify.

I understand that you can:

- upload photos from camera to computer using USB.

- upload photos from camera to computer using the WiFi connection.

- and from PlayMemoriesHome you cannot sync to PlayMemoriesOnline?

(being logged in inside PlayMemoriesHome to PlayMemoriesOnline)

The last is what fails?

profile.country.GR.title
thanos_t
Explorer

Exactly

I don't even have a "play memories online" tab menu inside play memories home.

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/support/app/playmemorieshome/en/help/win/upload.html 

These are the directions of sony , but none of them are available for me.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you click the 'Sign in'  in the upper right corner of the screen?