Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back claim on Sony A6000 Compact Camera

New

Cash back claim on Sony A6000 Compact Camera

Hello,

I need help since I received an email after contacting Sony for a cash back claim.

My request is no valid but it's not clear why.

I've send a photo of my camera with the serial number and they ask me to resubmit with the right serial number. 

Their email is also unclear:

''

Thank you for sending us your proof of purchase.  After validation we have noticed that

The photo of the serial number is showing a different serial number

Based on this information your participation is unfortunately no longer valid. To rectify the situation please resubmit your registration with the right serial number, which is printed on the camera. 

To get more details on this campaign please check our Terms & Conditions or Frequently Asked Questions.

You can find your participation code which consists of 8 digits in the subject of this e-mail.

This participation code is your unique personal identification.  Please make sure to mention it in all your communication with us.''

The photo show a different serial number but they don't say from where it should match.

Any chance someone could help me?

Many thanks,

Best,

Olivia Tholance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @15978830 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Does the serial number in the photograph match the

serial number you entered when you registered the camera online?

profile.country.GB.title
CarrielElf
Explorer

I recently purchased  a DSC-HX400V with the same cash back promotion that you seem to have and appear to have had the same run-around by the team running this promotion.

First I apparently didn't sent them the correct paperwork, they were looking for the order.  I purchased in store so I had sent them the store receipt - what else is there?. 

On the same day as I received that email I sent again my proof of purchase plus a couple of other bits showing where it had been purchase (all taken with the camera I had just purchased by the way) - all jpeg files.

Didn't hear back, so a few days later sent a chase email asking for an update only to receive a reply telling me I was too late!

Barely keeping my temper in check I once again replied asking them to actually read what I had sent them, the documentation was already with them.

Today I receive an email telling me they couldn't open the documents, could I please re-send them in jpeg or PDF format.  This time the documentation was scanned and sent back.

Wonder what excuse I'll get this time for not giving me the cashback.

Really upset as in this household there are 3 mobile phones, 2 televisions, blu-ray player, surround-sound system and 2 cameras - which are all SONY.  May never purchase again....

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@CarrielElf Hi and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Try not to worry too much, you have the receipt and proof you need that

you tried to redeem the offer within the timescale.

I'm (gulps) sure that they will sort it out for you.

Keep us posted and if not we can take it from there :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
CarrielElf
Explorer

Just hope they do, this has been going on since July and it's extremely frustating