Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback issue

profile.country.GB.title
sharocur
New

Cashback issue

Hi, having purchased a camera I started the process for the cashback offer. After completing the form and attaching the documents i thought that everything would be fine. After waiting a week or so I get an email asking for a new proof of purchase. Submitted this and waited another 2 weeks for the cash to go into my account but nothing came. Next received a mail saying that Sony didn’t have my bank details, replied with the details but 2 weeks later nothing in my account. What the heck is going on Sony!!!! Next I will be going to the Financial Ombudsman or FSA for them to look into this for me as it feels as though Sony do not want to pay this money out to consumers.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @sharocur and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You'll see in other threads that some members have had difficulties

when trying to claim cashback but most have been sorted out.

The first thing to do is phone Sony Support tomorrow

on +44 (0) 2073652810

They will be able to help.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Chas.Bell
New

I have also had an issue with cash back regarding DSC-HX90 which I purchased from Currys. They had designated the camera as DSC-HX90B so Sony would not quite rightly give me cash back and so I went back to Currys and obtained the £80 cash back from them, this is something that people need to be aware of. The only designation of B on the box  for the camera is black. I would be grateful of any comments on this

Jimpy07.a
New

Just to join in the cash back issue is a joke, why the shop I bought the camera from does not

just deduct the money and they claim it back, would be easier for the customers, wish now

i had bought from amazon, but I wanted to support the high street shop, I would have had 

it at the right price without all this trouble, at the moment can not enjoy the flaming camera.