Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback problem 2019 - feeling cheated!

profile.country.GB.title
Grabo1
Explorer

Cashback problem 2019 - feeling cheated!

In May this year I purchased a Sony HX90V with the promise of £50 cash back.  A month later, on June 18th, I went to the website and successfully, I thought, uploaded my images of the serial number and my receipt.  I spent July and August abroad visiting family and friends and it was not until early November that I realised that I had heard nothing from Sony.  I called customer service and was told that my application had not been received and I was 6 days too late to claim my cashback, but to resend the images, which would be forwarded to the relevant support team to see if they would make an exception.  This I did and received a reply that basically said - 'Your claim is out of time - the terms and conditions mean we do not have to pay you'. 

Not happy with this reply I emailed back to say that I had not forgotten to claim, but that there must have been a problem with the website that day as I definitely remembered claiming.  I have just received a further - 'out of time - the computer says no'  type email, which surprised and annoyed me.

The problem with the Sony cashback claim system is that because it is an internal website communication, not an email, the claimant has to proof of sending with which to verify the claim.  I have only Sony's word that they did not receive my application and quite frankly, given the many, many people who have posted on web forums such as this one saying they have had problems getting their cashback, I do not believe them.

I have spent a couple of hours now researching and communicating about this Sony cashback problem.  I do not desperately need £50 and had I really just forgotten to claim I would be quite happy to let it go as my error.  As it is I feel aggrieved, angry and cheated and dealt with by Sony in a high handed and peremptory manner.  The cashback scheme, as many have pointed out, appears to have been made as difficult as possible with the presumed aim of discouraging claims and refusing payouts.  I like Sony products but I no longer like the company and will not be buying from them in future.

0 REPLIES 0