Join now - be part of our community!

Deeply scratched camera screen - Will 3 year extended damage warranty cover this?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
HarrisonHealey
Visitor

Deeply scratched camera screen - Will 3 year extended damage warranty cover this?

Hi,

I have recently brought a new Sony DSC HX9V camera, and while making a macro video with the camera on the ground, it fell on to it's back and a stone scratched it right in the centre of the screen. I purchased a 3 year damage warranty with it and the guy said that if an updated version of this camera comes out i'll get it for free and water damage will be covered and thats all I can remember but would the warranty be able to replace the screen since i'm not sure scratched screens are covered?

Also, if I use the warranty for the scratched screen will it prevent further damage cover or does the warranty cover as many accidents the camera gets in 3 years?

Thanks

Harri

Message was edited by: HarrisonHealey

Message was edited by: HarrisonHealey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi HarrisonHealey,

Is this a Sony Extended Warranty or is it an insurance offered by the seller?  I know sellers like Currys or Comet try to sell their own insurance for your product.

Accidental Damage will not be covered by a Warranty which only covers defective components and manufacture.  If you have an Extended Warranty it is unlikely to cover physical damage such as yours.

However, if you have been sold some sort of insurance by the seller, you should read the policy carefully as Accidental Damage will not be covered unless it is specifically listed as covered in the policy document.  Salesmen are often economical with the truth.

Alternatively, your House and Contents Policy may cover accidental damage.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi HarrisonHealey,

Is this a Sony Extended Warranty or is it an insurance offered by the seller?  I know sellers like Currys or Comet try to sell their own insurance for your product.

Accidental Damage will not be covered by a Warranty which only covers defective components and manufacture.  If you have an Extended Warranty it is unlikely to cover physical damage such as yours.

However, if you have been sold some sort of insurance by the seller, you should read the policy carefully as Accidental Damage will not be covered unless it is specifically listed as covered in the policy document.  Salesmen are often economical with the truth.

Alternatively, your House and Contents Policy may cover accidental damage.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
HarrisonHealey
Visitor

Thanks for the information,

I brought this through a Sony store centre, and the salesman said that we can have i'm sure he said 3 years cover including accidental damage and we haven't recieved the reciept yet. I'll call back tomorrow to see when it will be posted. Anyway thank you :slight_smile: