Join now - be part of our community!

DoF dsc h400

DoF dsc h400

Good afternoon.

I am trying to DoF with my camera on A (apertarure priority) but the camera is way over exsposed .

my camera goes from F3.5 upto F8.1.

I cant get DoF to work on any other settings.

Is there anything in can do.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @guildford1966,

@guildford1966  wrote:

I am trying to DoF with my camera on A (apertarure priority) but the camera is way over exsposed .

well, hard to answer without exactly seeing what you're doing.

Anyhow, a factory reset will be useless.

"A", from my point of view, is the correct mode though. All other settings like shutter speed, ISO etc. should be set automatically.

Regarding over exposure: Are your final pictures too bright? Under certain conditions the view finder/display will show a picture which is too bright while the resulting image is good.

Well, in order to really be able to help you it's important to let us know how your other settings look like. Did you set the camera to use a fixed ISO setting, are you using a bracket setting, did you alter the exposure compensation, etc.?

my camera goes from F3.5 upto F8.1

Errm, according to the product's site, aperture ranges from 3.4 to 6.5. Anyhow, that's not too important.

I cant get DoF to work on any other settings.

DoF normally is achieved by setting aperture to a low value (that's what you obviously did in "A" mode). You can achieve the same effect by using e. g. shutter speed priority as well, simply by increasing the shutter speed to a higher value, hence forcing the camera to chose a lower aperture setting. Anyhow, in case you've chosen a fixed and rather high ISO setting you might still have the same problem. Setting ISO to "auto" or a lower value might fix it in this case.

Personally I do prefer the manual (M) mode for DoF shots as only then I've got full control.

However, it would be great if you could upload an example. Maybe that helps to narrow down your problem.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)