Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX90V

profile.country.GB.title
Payrollpro
New

DSC-HX90V

Anyone else having problems transferring images to an iPhone via WiFi? Installed the Playmemories App and went through connection but as soon as you refuse to allow pm full access to your entire photo library it shuts down the connection. Set it up again and you’ve lost all the selections and it still wont transfer. I’m not prepared to allow this software to have access to my entire library, why should I when my phone has perfectly adequate viewing facilities but it seems I can’t transfer without allowing it.

is it just me or is this facility actually completely useless?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Payrollpro,

PlayMemories Mobile was actually replaced by Imaging Edge Mobile - maybe it works with that.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Payrollpro
New

Hi Nic and thanks for that. I notice that on booting up my iphone this morning the Play Memories app i downloaded yesterday has come up as imaging edge mobile, so despite the fact that Sony does not refer to this on its website the app knows what its doing. i need to look futher because the app is still insisting on having read/write access to all my photos and i will never allow that. As a consequence the app refuses to work. Seems i am back to square one and may have to continue downloading the photos to the PC and transferring them via Icloud. An irritant but much safer as far as i am concerned.

ian

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Payrollpro,

of course the app needs access to write/delete files.

If you won't give the app that permission, it will never work.

- Nic