Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-H2, shutter button fell out

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dascott2777
Visitor

DSC-H2, shutter button fell out

I've put it back in but it's loose and falls out. I can still use the camera and I will tape the button in so I don't lose it but is there a way of fastening it? Just been quoted £117.00 for a repair but I didn't pay that much for the camera so I'll buy another one if I can't fix this properly.

Thanks David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi dascott2777, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This can happen to the H2 if it gets a knock. Everything will still work but the small plastic lugs that once held it in place will have broken off.

You need to get hold of a replacement button assembly (cheap enough, but you might be able to get hold of a spares/repair H2 on eBay or somewhere) if you want to DIY-repair it.

It's not a difficult job and there are a number of how-to sites on the internet.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi dascott2777, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This can happen to the H2 if it gets a knock. Everything will still work but the small plastic lugs that once held it in place will have broken off.

You need to get hold of a replacement button assembly (cheap enough, but you might be able to get hold of a spares/repair H2 on eBay or somewhere) if you want to DIY-repair it.

It's not a difficult job and there are a number of how-to sites on the internet.

Cheers

Mick

dascott2777
Visitor

Mick, thanks for that. I've taped it in at the moment but I'll have a look for a new button.

Regards, David.

Mick2011
New

Ok David, good luck with it :cool: