Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX100V - Picture Motion Browser

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
andyshill
Visitor

DSC-HX100V - Picture Motion Browser

Hello forum members,

I have recently purchased a Sony DSC-HX100v which is excellent..... however I purchased the camera on e-bay and it was supplied without the bundled 'picture motion browser' software. I have searched everywhere, but cannot find it as a download. Can anyone advise me where I could get hold of the software?

Thanks for your replies in advance..........        

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you contact Sony Customer Services on 0844 8466 555 during business hours they will be able to tell you about your options. There will probably be a fee to obtain a new copy of PMB but they will be able to let you know how much it will cost.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello andyshill - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

PMB is downloadable from the official Sony support website - however it is only available if you can enter the code printed on the disc that originally accompanied the camera. If the seller has a copy of the disc that they can send to you then that would help but aside from that, you may have to use the 'drag and drop' feature of your copy of Windows / Mac OS to transfer photos. If you encounter issues with this, you could also purchase a USB memory card reader which will usually not set you back more then £5.

Thanks,

Simon

andyshill
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to get a copy of the software as (a) it seems to have some really good functions (b) I have shot some HD video on my camera and I cannot get any of my current software to run or even recognise it, which is really frustrating.

Have you any other ideas on how I may be able to get a copy?

Regards

Andrew.  

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you contact Sony Customer Services on 0844 8466 555 during business hours they will be able to tell you about your options. There will probably be a fee to obtain a new copy of PMB but they will be able to let you know how much it will cost.

Thanks,

Simon

gogrrrl
New

maybe you have solved it by now, but if not here is where you can download it - if you're lucky!! I have tried, and managed to get the SPU download manager, but when I tried to save the file it just disappears within a few seconds.....if you find a way to make it work, please let me know!!!!

http://www.sony-mea.com/support/download/316131

brrobin19
Explorer

Hi andyshill,

I have the Cyber-shot Sony disc which i received with my

DSC-HX100V which has Picture Motion Browser ver.5.5

and also the full manual on the disc. I will make a copy of the

disc for you free of charge. Please e-mail me at :-

<personal details removed> with your address where the

Disc is to be sent.

best regards

Brian

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hey guys, please don't give out personal details like email addresses in your posts – that's what PMs are for :wink: 

To contact another user, click on their username and you'll see a link top right Send this user a private message

Mick