Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX50V - Why is it not available in the UK?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
eazysony
Visitor

DSC-HX50V - Why is it not available in the UK?

Sony or anyone else who may know. Why is the DSC-HX50V not available in the UK? I have a DSC-HX9V and looking to upgrade, if Sony has no plans to make this available then I'll just have to take my custom elsewhere because I use GPS alot!!! : :slight_frown:

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Cazzy22 wrote:

I tried out the Sony HX50V in John Lewis the other day, so it is on sale in the UK. Must say I was not impressed with the specifications. It does have a really good 30X zoom, but it does not have a decent wide aperture, it only opens to f/3.5 at the wide end, it could do with about an f/1.8 really

Interesting..

I checked with a contact in Sony & he stated that there is nothing showing on the system that Sony UK will be stocking the HX50V, all I can suggest is that you contact Sony Sales by calling 0207 365 2413 or check out John Lewis..

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi EAzysony,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

There is a DSC-HX50 available but no mention of the HX50V, however there is a DSC-HX20V which may be of interest - DSC-HX20V specifications

I can see if I can get an answer as to wether Sony plan to sell the DSC-HX50V in the UK(Europe) but I suspect that the answer will be not at this time or something similar..:smileysad:

eazysony
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, thanks for your response. I'd really like an official HX50V and I'd be grateful if you could check whether its coming to the UK. If its not coming then I'll just have to jump ship and buy a Canon SX280, at least when they sort out the battery issue. Regards Nigel

Cazzy22
Visitor

I tried out the Sony HX50V in John Lewis the other day, so it is on sale in the UK. Must say I was not impressed with the specifications. It does have a really good 30X zoom, but it does not have a decent wide aperture, it only opens to f/3.5 at the wide end, it could do with about an f/1.8 really :neutral:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Cazzy22 wrote:

I tried out the Sony HX50V in John Lewis the other day, so it is on sale in the UK. Must say I was not impressed with the specifications. It does have a really good 30X zoom, but it does not have a decent wide aperture, it only opens to f/3.5 at the wide end, it could do with about an f/1.8 really

Interesting..

I checked with a contact in Sony & he stated that there is nothing showing on the system that Sony UK will be stocking the HX50V, all I can suggest is that you contact Sony Sales by calling 0207 365 2413 or check out John Lewis..

cazzy33
Visitor

Just had to sign up again, got locked out! :smileyangry:.

Maybe John Lewis were going to sell me their demo one then, they said they had one to sell me! But I decided to wait a while, I really do need a faster lens.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cazzy33 wrote:

Just had to sign up again, got locked out! .

Maybe John Lewis were going to sell me their demo one then, they said they had one to sell me! But I decided to wait a while, I really do need a faster lens.

Does seem odd as there isn't any mention of a HX50V on the John Lewis site they only seem to list the HX50..:smileyconfused:

John Lewis Cameras page

cazzy33
Visitor

Yes that's the one, they could not be bothered putting a V at the end :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cazzy33 wrote:

Yes that's the one, they could not be bothered putting a V at the end

:laughing: The specifications are almost identical but the HX50V has built in GPS whereas the HX50 does not..:smileywink:

cazzy33
Visitor

Just looking through the exif files I kept from the demo, and yes you are correct. I do appologise :smileyblush: