Join now - be part of our community!

DSC W170

profile.country.en_IE.title
daver307
Visitor

DSC W170

My DSC W170 lens repeatedly motors in and out then I get a mesage Turn power off and on again, any ideas? I have tried removing the battery completely (for days) and also returning to default settings but no change

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello daver307 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds like there is an internal fault within the camera itself - how long have you had your DSC W170? I ask this question as it will affect the warranty.

Thanks,

Simon

rocker55
Visitor

Hi, I am getting exactly the same problem and it's nothing to do with the batteries. I have used many different types of 1.2v rechargeables but this keeps happening.

Mines was bought in early 2006 but has had hardly any use and started around the 2 year mark.

any help would be useful as I'm holidaying this summer and don't really want to buy another camera.

Thanks folks

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello rocker55 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds like your camera also has an internal fault within it and a repair may be required. If you have already tried to reset the camera and have tried various batteries, you will be able to find out the process to get a repair and also the cost by getting in touch with Sony Customer Services using the details in this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon