Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-W510 - cannot locate DRO option shown in manual

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brixnmorta
Visitor

DSC-W510 - cannot locate DRO option shown in manual

Hi,

I bought the W510 model because a review stated that it has the DRO (dynamic range optimisation) feature. This feature is listed in the manual under the Menu section, along with EV and ISO features.

These three features are completely missing from the menu of my camera. Are they hidden (I am not using the Easy menu option of the camera)? Are there crippled versions of this camera in circulation  - I bought this from Tesco and the price seems comparable with other retailers.

Any ideas how I can enable these features on my camera? If I can't use the DRO feature I will have to send the camera back for a refund.

With thanks

Nicholas

Message was edited by: brixnmorta

Message was edited by: brixnmorta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello brixnmorta - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Aside from the 'Easy' mode on the camera menu - have you tried to adjust the 'REC Mode' which is explained at the top of page 16 of the manual (another copy is here in case you do not have it to hand at the moment). Having the camera in 'Intelligent Auto' mode will automatically disable certain menu functions so if you try some of the other options available you should see some of the other menu functions appear i.e. DRO, ISO.

Hope this helps,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello brixnmorta - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Aside from the 'Easy' mode on the camera menu - have you tried to adjust the 'REC Mode' which is explained at the top of page 16 of the manual (another copy is here in case you do not have it to hand at the moment). Having the camera in 'Intelligent Auto' mode will automatically disable certain menu functions so if you try some of the other options available you should see some of the other menu functions appear i.e. DRO, ISO.

Hope this helps,

Simon