Join now - be part of our community!

DSC WX220 - video output format with file extension .bin

alfieb2204
Explorer

DSC WX220 - video output format with file extension .bin

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and would appreciate as much help and guidance with a problem of a video format file allocation problem.

I did a video, yesterday, and I'm at a loss how the video could end up with a .bin extension?. This format is unfamiliar to me but, from searching on the Internet, it appears this is a format predominately used in text formats.

I haven't a clue how this format was allocated to my video but can't find an easy conversion program that will convert to a download format (.MP4?) that I can post on FB for my family.

I'm no expert, when it comes to following instructions, but as long as it's not too technical I'll be fine. :thinking:  Can anybody help, and more importantly, explain what may have caused this file format?.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
idexample
Explorer

Sometimes it happens to me but on Android smartphones, and I simply go in file explorer like Mixplorer and rename the extension in mp4 or similar mov.....

In the same file explorer I can open the file like a video and then choose the application to use and if it is a video it will be played. If not I try with an application that repairs broken video files usually happening when battery runs off and the phone shuts suddenly without the possibility to save the video just taken. In that case the application is called if I remember correctly mpFix in orange colour and there are 2 versions one free and another not, and both need a working full integral file playable of the same type taken with the same video application, to be able to repair the unfinished broken one.