Join now - be part of our community!

Is there a macro facility on the DSC H400 camera?

SOLVED
cretanhunter
Explorer

Is there a macro facility on the DSC H400 camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cretanhunter,

there is a built in macro scene recognition when your H400 is in either intelligent auto or superior auto mode..

image.jpeg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cretanhunter,

there is a built in macro scene recognition when your H400 is in either intelligent auto or superior auto mode..

image.jpeg

cretanhunter
Explorer

thank you Thalamus

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, feel free to share your images in the community photo gallery..

galshev
New

I am 71. Have been my family photographer since I was 28. Have used many cameras in my life time. Last year during my flight to NewYork They broke my BELOVED Panasonic  camera (made in Japan!)  Fighting with the Delta airlines is more than I can take. So I bought a new camera Sony DSC-WX350. I bought it because I've never had a Sony camera  and other  Sony devices I have are good and  as i like to take Macro I chose this one as it has 20x optical zoom. My or my , how disappointed I am - there's NO Macro mode!  I am offered

Scene Selection 

portrait [ok]

landscape [ok]

night scene [may. I might take 1 or 2 of those ]

hand held twilight [I have a tripod]

night portrait [why would one take a portrait at night?]

anti motion blur (indoors) [ok]

backlight nor[may be, in an extream situation]

pets [kids sems more apropriate but ok]

gourmet [who needs a special mode to take pictures of food? Me personaly think those are apropriate for some culinary receipes not to share on Instagram. It's stupid! Looo what eat people and  what? get jelouse??? ridiculous. SMB wants it , fine. I might take 1 or 2 of those]

beach [ of no use to me. Ihanen't been to the beech in the last 40years]

snow [of no use to me. We don't have snow where I live]

fireworks [ I might use it once a year]

soft skin [ seriusly? I can make any skin  I want with my lMac and Pixelmator]

ISO shooting in the dark (without flash)

Summary - 2 modes I will never use, 6 modea i will hardly use and  4 modes for shooting at night (! HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THAT? 1%? 0,5%? of us)

And NO MACRO MODE AT ALL??? Even the most primitive cameras have it, nnd my $420 camera doesn't ???