Join now - be part of our community!

Memorycard problems

profile.country.sv_SE.title
fraisercrane
Visitor

Memorycard problems

I just bought DSC-HX5V and a Sony Memorystick Pro Duo HG-card 16 GB. When I put on the camera I get the message "This memorycard can not be recorded to or played up from". (The text is in Swedish and this is my translation:smileywink:.) Whats wrong? One of the many fine things with Cybershot is the possibillity to film in high quality. It seem to be OK for taking pictures though. I have managed to take some pictures and to film a few seconds. Don't know if that has been stored in the memorycard. I also have formated it. Please HELP!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi fraisercrane, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds as if the card is not capable of writing at a fast enough rate from the internal buffer memory which stores your initial few seconds of video. You really shoud not be getting this problem with a Pro Duo HG card as they're easily fast enough.

There are two possibilities: either your camera has an internal fault preventing it from reading the card correctly, or you have a fake memory card. Fake cards are unfortunately very common, especially with small online retailers.

If you're certain the card you have is a genuine branded product we should perhaps look at a camera repair, however the chances are much greater that the card is somehow at fault. You can check by trying a known genuine card in place of the one you've been using and see if the problem re-occurs.

Let me know and we can take it from there.

Cheers

Mick