Join now - be part of our community!

Neck strap & shoulder strap advice wanted please?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Neck strap & shoulder strap advice wanted please?

Hi,

I've just bought the Sony DSC-HX300 Bridge Camera and would like a more comfortable strap, and also want so advice on how the camera hangs.

Starting with the strap that came with the camera, when it hangs from my neck it doesn't seem to sit right. I'd like it to either sit with the screen flat against my body, or hang so the lens is pointing straight down, but it seems to hang somewhere inbetween these 2 which isn't greatly comfortable. I've come to the conclusion that it's that the 'bars' the straps attach to run front to back. It got me thinking if attaches a pivot clasp (something like thesehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-TOP-QUALITY-STRONG-SP-SWIVEL-TRIGGER-LOBSTER-CLASPS-32mm-x-14mm-/3507384141... might help? Would using clasps like this put too much strain on the fixing bars as the load goes through a much thinner area?

Secondly, I'd like a shoulder strap for when I'm spending all day out with the camera as I feel this would be more comfortable. Can anyone recommend a single strap one (ie not one of those that has exra straps that go around your chest) that's all day comfortable, and puts as little stress on the neck as possible please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good purchase :slight_smile:

I tend to swap over to a OP/TECH for my DSLR's. It has a nice wide neck strap area and seems to be comfortable to use my camera all day.

Whilst its made for DSLR's, see no reason why you couldnt use it on your HX300.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good purchase :slight_smile:

I tend to swap over to a OP/TECH for my DSLR's. It has a nice wide neck strap area and seems to be comfortable to use my camera all day.

Whilst its made for DSLR's, see no reason why you couldnt use it on your HX300.
profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at the OP/tech and wasn't overly keen to be honest. I've since ordered a Matin quick release as it won the award for most comfortable on a site I found. I'll post back when I've received it.