Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Cybers-shot DSC-W85

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
serart20122012
Visitor

Problems with Cybers-shot DSC-W85

Hello, and sorry for my language. I have a Sony camera, DSC-W85 that it opens, but i cant make any picture. The screen remains black, but the camera works[the Power led is open]. Also im getting a message on the scree " Turn the power off and on again". And the camera lens remained outside. My little boy played with the camera one day, and now i cant make any picture. Is there a button or he damaged the camera?

Message was edited by: serart20122012

Message was edited by: serart20122012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

If you get the message "Turn the power off and on again" it means there is a system error.

Try removing the battery from the camera, after about 1 minute reinsert the battery and turn on the power.

Press the "DISP" button to make sure the screen is not turned off.

Press the "HOME" button (the bottom button) - do you see the menu?  If so try a full reset of the camera.  Select 'Settings' -> 'Main Settings 1' -> 'Initialise' -> 'Initialise all settings' -> OK

If this does not fix the problem, you should contact your local Sony Dealer or authorised Service Centre.  Are you in the UK?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

If you get the message "Turn the power off and on again" it means there is a system error.

Try removing the battery from the camera, after about 1 minute reinsert the battery and turn on the power.

Press the "DISP" button to make sure the screen is not turned off.

Press the "HOME" button (the bottom button) - do you see the menu?  If so try a full reset of the camera.  Select 'Settings' -> 'Main Settings 1' -> 'Initialise' -> 'Initialise all settings' -> OK

If this does not fix the problem, you should contact your local Sony Dealer or authorised Service Centre.  Are you in the UK?

:thinking: