Join now - be part of our community!

RX100 Mk3

profile.country.GB.title
artzamur
Explorer

RX100 Mk3

I would like to split display from my RX100 Mk3 because the camera is too heavy for my Phantom 2 drone. Is it possible? Is the camera going to work properly without the display?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @artzamur and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Do you mean remove the screen?

I personally wouldn't as even if the camera does still work

then it will definately void any warranty you have.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @artzamur,

I am sure no one can give you a definitive answer to that question.

I wouldn't do that personally, rather I would recommend to use a Sony Action Cam (preferrably FDR X3000) or get the RX0.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
artzamur
Explorer

Thanks jumpsuit. Yes I mean remuve the screen. If the camera works without the display I have nothing to lose because there is no more warrenty.

profile.country.GB.title
artzamur
Explorer

Hi lamNic, FDR X3000 and RX0 are good for movies but very poor for still photos. I take only still photos.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

artzamur schrieb:

Hi lamNic, FDR X3000 and RX0 are good for movies but very poor for still photos. I take only still photos.

You are right for the FDR X3000, yet the RX0 is a photo camera first and foremost.

Though I assume you are talking about the zoom and focus features which the RX0 is missing.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
artzamur
Explorer

You are right Nic. RX0 is a great camera, but for wideangle lens I already have a good solution: Ricoh GR with 28mm F 2.8 and APS-C sensor. Untill now I have used RX100 Mk1 for tele lens, but it is 1,8-4,9 aperture and RX100 Mk3 has 1,8-2,8 aperture (better for lightless subject).