Join now - be part of our community!

RX10M3 cannot remote control

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
athegn1
Explorer

RX10M3 cannot remote control

I have both a RX100M3 and RX10M3. The 100 remote control works on my Andriod A7 phone; I see what my camera sees and I can alter values and zoom and take images using Imaging Edge.

However on the 10, on which I have also installed the Smart Remote app I can only transfer images. Why can't I also see the cameras view on the Andriod phone. Note the dialog I see on both cameras screens are identical except for 100/10.

Any advice please

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It is like it is.

I assume you tried everything. 

Still let's go step by step.

- On your camera open the Smart Remote Control app.

- You will see the QR code and the SSID of your camera.

- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile app on your phone

- Tap on + Connect with a new camera

- Tap on Scan QR code or  Connect with One-touch (NFC) or Connect using the camera SSID/password

Did you set Shooting mode to Manual, P, S or A? Smart remote control does not function in Intelligent Auto or Superior auto.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

There are functions that are or are not supported, which explain everything.

Watch this page

or click on the added file  Supported functions.

profile.country.GB.title
athegn1
Explorer

I may not have explained properly. I understand that most of the controls will have to be operated on the camera and not on the Andriod, unlike the 100. However I want to what the camera is seeing on my Andriod and also showing what the camera controls are set at, as I can if I connect the camera to a PC; can take a shot but have to go to the camera to change settings

I want to setup my 10 on a tripod near my bird feeder and when I see a shot I want on the Andriod takes the image by pressing a button on the Andriod.

Are you saying that the 10 cannot do this on Andriod whereas a Pc can and the 100 can on Andriod?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It is like it is.

I assume you tried everything. 

Still let's go step by step.

- On your camera open the Smart Remote Control app.

- You will see the QR code and the SSID of your camera.

- Open the Imaging Edge Mobile app on your phone

- Tap on + Connect with a new camera

- Tap on Scan QR code or  Connect with One-touch (NFC) or Connect using the camera SSID/password

Did you set Shooting mode to Manual, P, S or A? Smart remote control does not function in Intelligent Auto or Superior auto.

profile.country.GB.title
athegn1
Explorer

Thank you