Join now - be part of our community!

Smaller Size Photos with DSC HX9V

profile.country.en_GB.title
probe47
Visitor

Smaller Size Photos with DSC HX9V

I love the camera and the shots I get are tremendous but everything is at least 3mbs which are very difficult to store and share. Is there a setting on the camera that will reduce the size of the pictures when I am not concerned as much with quality as quantity. I have the setting for easy shots now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi probe47, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You can reduce the resolution by roughly half and still get pretty good results. Press the MENU button and access the option for image size. See this page in the online manual:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX9V_guide/eng/contents/06/02/07/07.html#l3_when shooting st...

I'd recommend you don't go lower than 2592x1944 for the best size-to-quality compromise.

Cheers

Mick

probe47
Visitor

Thank you for the assistance, That will help considerably in storage and sharing

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello :slight_smile:

That's pretty much spot on Mick. During my days with a sadly now defunct photography store, a large proportion of my time was spent telling customers that they could get away with a smaller memory card if they turned down the image quality. Unless they were thinking about getting very large prints made, it was often very difficult to see the difference. The cost of an SD card was pretty alarming in those days anyway! :laughing:

Simon