Join now - be part of our community!

sony dsc-rx100 not working

profile.country.GB.title
Maybelle_gmc
Explorer

sony dsc-rx100 not working

Hello, 

My Sony DSC-RX100 does not work. The lense stays out and when I turn it on the screen is either blank or it's zigzag 'snow'. I've tried various settings. I've taken out the battery, changed the memory card and also re-formatted a memory card. I've left the camera on re-charge. I've even initialized (as I think this takes it back to factory settings?). 

I have ordered a new battery, just in case this is the actual issue (as it seem to keep saying low battery despite being left plugged in) 

When plugged into the mains/pc it still is either blank or 'snow'. I've tried recording video and it says 'rec' in the corner but nothing is actually ticking away or recording. The screen stays blank. 

Please does anyone have any other suggestions I could try other than buying a new camera?

Kind regards, Gemma

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

You could try some of the tips here.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,
Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Maybelle_gmc
Explorer

Thank you Ed,

The lens does go in and out. It's the 'snow' / blank on the screen that worries me. I have ordered a new battery, though it's not yet arrived. But failing to be able to take a picture/rec film as it is blank or zigzag 'snow' looks to me that there is something wrong with the inside, perhaps the software? 

Any help most welcome, 

Regards Gemma

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Gemma,

It might be best to get in touch with the support team for further assistance with this issue here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc