Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSC-TX10 issues.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dutchy77
Visitor

Sony DSC-TX10 issues.

Ok a few issues with this camera....i've had it for 2 days now i expectected to be able to use it as a web cam via usb like other recent sony products.

Also the file limit for recording video is 2GB and you have to start recording again once it reaches the file limit. Why can't it just create another file and carry on recording ?

I live in the UK and this camera was bought in the UK but the movie format is set to 60i...i'd rather have 50i to make it more compatible with PAL hardware and using it with editing software.

Will there be anymore Firmware updates to address any of these issues, otherwise as much as i like the camera i may have to send it back.

Does anyone from Sony monitor the duscussions ?

Regards Daniel.

Message was edited by: dutchy77

Message was edited by: dutchy77

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

You are correct to say that transcoding software is the best option - the 50i ot 60i element is hardware based within the camera so hopefully this extra step won't be too much of an inconvenience.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello dutchy77 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Webcam functionailty varies from product to product and often the only way to know for sure is to attach it via USB and see Windows shows it as a webcam device. If not, I'm afraid it is not a compatible webcam.

Regarding video, clips are limited to 2gb and each file needs to be treated separately so that the device can be legally classed as a photo camera as opposed to a video camera. If it allowed files to be joined together in the way that you describe, it would fall into the video camera category.

As you mention that you are only offered 60i video recording, that would indicate that your camera is not aimed at the UK market. Does the label show TX10E or just TX10?

Finally, the nature of the electronics industry usually means that a firmware update is only released to fix a fault with a device as opposed to offer improvements.

Thanks,

Simon

dutchy77
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks Simon.

well that's a bit of a shame :slight_frown:

The label shows TX10 so i'm assuming its wasn't for the european market. Never mind i can transcode the files if i need to.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

You are correct to say that transcoding software is the best option - the 50i ot 60i element is hardware based within the camera so hopefully this extra step won't be too much of an inconvenience.

Thanks,

Simon