Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to register my new cybershot .

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brunocartwright
Visitor

Unable to register my new cybershot .

Yesterday I bought a new cybershot DSC-HX9V at a  Jessops store in London. Today I went onto the Sony web site to register the product only to be told the product had already been registered. What should do?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I just had a go registering one myself. Just do not use the serial number when you register. Since it doesn't activate any warranty, it wont make a difference.

Someone else may have accidentally typed their serial number in wrong hence why you cannot use yours and it shows that its registered.

The only advantage of registering on the website from what I can see if for product information and updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi Bruno, welcome to the Sony Forums

Assuming you've double-checked you're entering the correct model name and serial number, it's possible someone else has erroneously registered using your serial number. It does happen...

Just contact Sony Support and explain the situation; they should be able to register it on your behalf.

Cheers

Mick

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I just had a go registering one myself. Just do not use the serial number when you register. Since it doesn't activate any warranty, it wont make a difference.

Someone else may have accidentally typed their serial number in wrong hence why you cannot use yours and it shows that its registered.

The only advantage of registering on the website from what I can see if for product information and updates.