Join now - be part of our community!

What memory card/stick do I need for the DSC HX9V? I want to be able to use all the functionality of the camera.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
evilemma
Visitor

What memory card/stick do I need for the DSC HX9V? I want to be able to use all the functionality of the camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoNz0-
Explorer
2 REPLIES 2
GoNz0-
Explorer
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi evilemma - welcome to the Sony Forums.

GoNz0- is pretty much spot on here - in terms of the performance of this camera and high-speed recording of data, you cannot beat a good quality SD card!

Once you start shooting higher resolution video clips, this increases the amount of data that the memory card needs to record in a very short space of time so the best way to go is higher capacity and higher speed. The price of memory cards in the current market means that most users can keep a collection of various card speeds and sizes (strangely enough, on the link that GoNz0- has posted it works out cheaper to buy 2 x 16GB cards than a single 32GB!). Taking a quick glance at current prices, a specific 'higher speed' version of the SD card in the Amazon link will set you back another £10 or so on top so you may want to experiment.

Thanks

Simon