Join now - be part of our community!

Can't login to adobe or authorise computer

profile.country.en_GB.title
MelanieC
Visitor

Can't login to adobe or authorise computer

Can someone help me please, I haven't bought books for a while from the store, and now when I log in, the format has changed. I used to login though the sony reader store and follow the link to the WHSMITH store and buy books that way, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do this now. I don't know if a new version has been released and it's updated somehow so I can only use the new site or what.

My trouble is that now, with the new site, when I log in through the book reader store, it allows me to do this, but then it says enter your adobe password, when I enter this (and I know that it's correct as I've followed the instructions to change it if you forget it - and changed it) it won't let me log in. I've managed to buy three books on thew site but can't get them on to my reader. It tells me I'm not logged in and that this device isn't authorised.

I can't get through to customer services, as they don't open at weekends, and I can't email them as it won't recognise my password when I do that. I'm not very impressed with sony, and think that I should have bought a kindle (rant over).

any help would be great.

It's a PRS-650 by the way

5 REPLIES 5
carpetmojo

Well, it may well not be anything to do with choice of reader !!

By the way, you say "the store" - not the Sony Store I presume, which is now open.....

Anyway, the following link will show you how to download books from WHS if not using a Kobo. Gp through it and see what you haven't done or is different.

[ I gave up on them a while ago, there are much better epub sources out there - which kindle can't use..... ]

As a quickie alternative, why not install Calibre - then you can get your books almost anywhere :slight_smile: - no registering etc.. just download & drag 'n drop.:smileycool:

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Added link

MelanieC
Visitor

Hi there, thanks for your reply, I have downloaded Calibre and it looks fantastic, the only trouble is, that now (thanks to those people at sony with their instructions), I now cannot read any of my books as they are all protected - even on my own reader.

I did mean the reader store when I log in, to it. I get to a point where it says I have to enter my adobe ID and password, which I have done and they are the same as the reader store id and password, which sony say they have to be, but I cannot get past that point now, so it won't let me read the books due to DRM.

I shall keep trying Calibre to see if I can get books that way, to see if it works out better for me, so thanks again for the tip.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Have you got Adobe Digital Editions installed on your PC.

MelanieC
Visitor

yes, I've got Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. I can open that up and it shows the books in my library, but I can't do anything with them.

On the sony reader store it just says,

"Unable to open the item. The computer is not authorized.

Please contact Sony customer support"

Sony help desk, keep sending me the instuctions that I've tried but they don't work.

MelanieC
Visitor

New message this morning, when I log in the adobe message still appears, but if you conect the reader before the message comes up you get this message:

"This device is already authorized to Adobe ID: emailaddress@hotmail.com. Do you want to re-authorize it with your new account? You may not be able to read existing books on the device."

If you click on yes the same message appears again and again, if you click no then the abode message appears