Join now - be part of our community!

Penguin Classics

profile.country.en_GB.title
Don_Evans
Visitor

Penguin Classics

I have purchased an ebook from the Penguin Classics website but find that I am unable to read it on my PRS-350. I'm afraid that I am not having much success at getting the company to respond to my complaint about this book. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it the file or the hardware?

6 REPLIES 6
carpetmojo

I presume it was an epub version ?

Some details of the book may help, title etc.. - someone else may have had the same one and had problems - or not, of course, which would still be helpful!

Don_Evans
Visitor

The book was the 'Sword of Honour' by Evelyn Waugh. It's an EPUB document & the PRS-350 reports that it comes in at 775.0 KB in size. It came from: http://www.penguinclassics.co.uk

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I'm sure this book will have EPUB DRM, so have you authorised your PC and reader with an Adobe digital editions ID

Don_Evans
Visitor

The 'info' option reports: Digital rights Full, viewable.
I don't have this problem with any of the other ebooks that I have purchased but I haven't bought any other Penguin Classics.

Message was edited by: Don_Evans

Message was edited by: Don_Evans

Don_Evans
Visitor

Penguin have told me that the problem is with the file & is in the process of being sorted.

carpetmojo

That's very good of them !

Does this problem only apply to those versions purchased from Penguin - or is every digital copy of the book up the creek, where or whenever purchased ? For example. I see there's at least a kindle version, which I presume is the Penguin original.

I can't imagine they've suddenly realised there's a problem - and if Penguin knew about it, why no rider message to purchasers ?

I keep meaning to get this series - but I'll wait a bit longer I think !