Join now - be part of our community!

Could not get free books after registering

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
scalextric71
Visitor

Could not get free books after registering

Can anyone help? just received PRS-350 and it's great but having registered it I didn't see the link for the free books and when I try to go back via here https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/community/reading/learn_enjoy/blog/1732

the link just says that the reader is already registered and won't let me get the books again, so it seems impossible to get back to the link for the books.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  scalextric71,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Hmm the post doesn't quite tell you how to download the free E-Books..:smileyconfused:

Here what to do..

First you need to Log-in to your My Sony account, using the details that you used to register your Reader. Click the following link - My Sony Log-In..

Once logged in click on the blue Product Details & Extras button next to your reader model..

In your Reader models product page click on My Offers..

Under the information about the 100 free books you should see 5 Click Here For..... links..

Click each the first collection of books you want to download

Then Save the file to your computer (for example, to your My Documents folder)

Once the download has completed locate the Zip file  you saved on your computer

Right-click on the file and choose extract

Open Reader for PC or your eBook Library..

If you want to import individual books then go to the File menu and choose the Import Files option

Find the files that you have just extracted, select them and click Open

If you want to import the whole collection then go to the File menu and choose the Import Folder option..

Find the Folder that contains the selection you want to import select it and click Select Folder..

Finally connect your Reader to your PC & Sync (add) the books to your reader..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Annegreenish89,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
From memory I think the 100 free e-books offer from Sony ended sometime towards the end if 2012..
However if you are not aware you can still download free e-books from somewhere like Project Gutenberg..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Just head over to Project Gutenburg for all the free books you'll ever need. The ones offered by Sony are all there plus many others.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi  scalextric71,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Hmm the post doesn't quite tell you how to download the free E-Books..:smileyconfused:

Here what to do..

First you need to Log-in to your My Sony account, using the details that you used to register your Reader. Click the following link - My Sony Log-In..

Once logged in click on the blue Product Details & Extras button next to your reader model..

In your Reader models product page click on My Offers..

Under the information about the 100 free books you should see 5 Click Here For..... links..

Click each the first collection of books you want to download

Then Save the file to your computer (for example, to your My Documents folder)

Once the download has completed locate the Zip file  you saved on your computer

Right-click on the file and choose extract

Open Reader for PC or your eBook Library..

If you want to import individual books then go to the File menu and choose the Import Files option

Find the files that you have just extracted, select them and click Open

If you want to import the whole collection then go to the File menu and choose the Import Folder option..

Find the Folder that contains the selection you want to import select it and click Select Folder..

Finally connect your Reader to your PC & Sync (add) the books to your reader..:smileyhappy:

nimbystripes
Visitor

I heard it a few times. What is Project Gutenburg?

carpetmojo

A marvellous organisation that is trying to place all Pub Dom / otherwise legally available works into a digital form for free access to anyone with a means of downloading and reading them.

(The T1 is compatible for wifi downloads by the way...)

Think that's about it.

The founder, Michael Hart, sadly died last year, September/October  I think, but his work continues.

Many works are in the "first edition" form i.e. basically like photographs, if you like, of the original, which adds a lot of charm and authenticity to them, and I've spent many an hour delving through the most obscure titles, finding some fascinating tracts.

Others are proof-read and re-formatted.

MobileRead Forums also offer a similar free facility, and here most versions have been proof-read and formatted, by members, usually producing far better ones than the originals, and, again,  some delightful discoveries - for example, as well as as an excellent  omnibus version of Sherlock Homes, the same "compiler" has produced the definitive collection of the "Thorndyke" forensic detective works - a completely new one on me, and if you like Holmes, I think Thorndyke is a pleasant surprise!

Again, all are for free access.

There are a few other "free" legal resources, but these two are the best ones I know of.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

scalextric71 wrote:

Can anyone help? just received PRS-350 and it's great but having registered it I didn't see the link for the free books and when I try to go back via here https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/community/reading/learn_enjoy/blog/1732

the link just says that the reader is already registered and won't let me get the books again, so it seems impossible to get back to the link for the books.

Thanks

Hi scalextrc71,

I would just like to let you know that the thread you mentioned in your post above has now been updated..

Thank you for highlighting..:smileyhappy:

annegreenish89
Explorer

I've followed the above advise but don't even have an option for 'my offers'. I'm seriously unimpressed with Sony on this... Can anyone offer advise before I complain to Sony about lack of 'user friendly' programs?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Annegreenish89,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..
From memory I think the 100 free e-books offer from Sony ended sometime towards the end if 2012..
However if you are not aware you can still download free e-books from somewhere like Project Gutenberg..