Join now - be part of our community!

GoogleBooks is not available in PRS - T1?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
AncientShark
Visitor

GoogleBooks is not available in PRS - T1?

Hello,

The GoogleBooks is not available in PRS - T1 and always redirects to reader store. Any solution?:smileyhappy:

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Well, as far as I know, the only solution is don't try to use Google books !  :cool:

It's apparently nothing to do with Sony, but Google, who have decided, it would seem, that if you can't use their app you're not worth bothering with  - and the T1 fits in this category.... whether it's all readers I don't know.

So blame Google, not Sony this time ....

Although it seems a bit unlikely that Google didn't give Sony some warning it was going to happen, and that a feature designed into the T1 (the Googlebooks button) would soon be useless.

Which rather makes one wonder why, if they did know,  owners of the T1 haven't /weren't told that a  feature was going from their reader.  Instead of simply pushing people onto their own store. Might have got a bit of sympathetic publicity ?

But look, it's only a shop, when all's said and done - there's a mass of resources and sources legally out there, easily available, for free, and paid for stuff.

And I believe you can access it from your PC.computer anyway. But don't quote me, I've never felt the need to try it.:smileymischief:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
carpetmojo

Well, as far as I know, the only solution is don't try to use Google books !  :cool:

It's apparently nothing to do with Sony, but Google, who have decided, it would seem, that if you can't use their app you're not worth bothering with  - and the T1 fits in this category.... whether it's all readers I don't know.

So blame Google, not Sony this time ....

Although it seems a bit unlikely that Google didn't give Sony some warning it was going to happen, and that a feature designed into the T1 (the Googlebooks button) would soon be useless.

Which rather makes one wonder why, if they did know,  owners of the T1 haven't /weren't told that a  feature was going from their reader.  Instead of simply pushing people onto their own store. Might have got a bit of sympathetic publicity ?

But look, it's only a shop, when all's said and done - there's a mass of resources and sources legally out there, easily available, for free, and paid for stuff.

And I believe you can access it from your PC.computer anyway. But don't quote me, I've never felt the need to try it.:smileymischief: