Join now - be part of our community!

Have two readers and want to transfer books?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
whitedragonwere
Visitor

Have two readers and want to transfer books?

Hello,

I got my mom an e-reader for her brithday T1. She keep taking mine. Want to give here the books that I have on my reader (that I buyed) or/and my laptop.  how do I do it for this is new for me.  Please help and Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Providing you still have the downloads of each book, you can legally load them on up to, I think it's 6,  devices.

Depending on which ebook management system you are using, it's fairly straightforward.

If you're using Reader/Adobe, you will need to authorise etc.. any "extra" reader as you did for the original T1,  I think you'll find an option for that on Adobe and Reader. I'm not sure whether you need to call it another of "your" readers or not.

If you used the "Save to File" option, not "/Open etc.. to ReaderSave", and are using Calibre, you can simply plug in the new reader, Calibre recognises it, they introduce each other, your library will appear with all the titles you d/loaded to Calibre, only showing as not on device. You can then use the "Send to Device" button.. and it will.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

Providing you still have the downloads of each book, you can legally load them on up to, I think it's 6,  devices.

Depending on which ebook management system you are using, it's fairly straightforward.

If you're using Reader/Adobe, you will need to authorise etc.. any "extra" reader as you did for the original T1,  I think you'll find an option for that on Adobe and Reader. I'm not sure whether you need to call it another of "your" readers or not.

If you used the "Save to File" option, not "/Open etc.. to ReaderSave", and are using Calibre, you can simply plug in the new reader, Calibre recognises it, they introduce each other, your library will appear with all the titles you d/loaded to Calibre, only showing as not on device. You can then use the "Send to Device" button.. and it will.

Hope this helps.

carpetmojo

Ooops - forgot, check your P. Messages...:smileyhappy: