Join now - be part of our community!

Reader Store UK - Niggles

profile.country.en_GB.title
D1N0B1
Visitor

Reader Store UK - Niggles

Glad to see the reader store online in the UK after a long wait - I assume it's a work-in-progress still as there has been no official email announcement yet and some interesting niggles:

1. Authors with accented characters in their names have the accented characters replaced by question marks, i.e. ??sa Larsson
  2. It makes more sense to sort authors alphabetically by surname, then forename.
  3. On the reader, to choose a different letter to list authors by, you need to click on "Sort By". This is counter-intuitive; I'm not sorting at that point but am filtering.
  4. Filtering should filter by surname, i.e. "K" for Stephen King, not "S".
  5. Searching for a popular author on the ebook, such as "Stephen King" returns pages of results where Stephen King is mentioned in the blurb but is not the author. The search needs to be a lot smarter.
  6. There are too many instances where a page cannot be found and an unhelpful error message leaves the user dangling; perhaps a link back to the home page would help novices.
  7. If there is no network connection, clicking on the reader store should not attempt to launch the browser but put up a more helpful error message indicating the lack of connectivity to the user in a more friendly fashion.
  8. The Google Books link takes users to the Reader Store.

On the plus side, nice to see the link do something and am generally pleased with the layout and the speed the reader store operates on the e-ink screen.

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Takireo
Visitor

These are some issues I'm very eger to se fixed, the Google Books especially.

Wondering when we can see it done by.

In the mean time, agreed, it's here in the UK at last and it is good!