Join now - be part of our community!

Protected page error on PRS600

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chjreader
Visitor

Protected page error on PRS600

I intermittently get a 'Protected Page' error on my PRS600 when trying to read library books. I can read books fine on my PC and from the PRS600 via my PC but on on the PRS600. This doesnt always happen and there seems to be no pattern to the error. There appears to be a fix for the PRS650 available but not for the PRS600. Please help before I put it into the bin and buy something else!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

carpetmojo wrote:

On the 600 is there an option to do hard or soft resets ?

If there is , try a soft one first, as with the hard you'll lose all content, so back it up.

How to perform a soft reset on the Reader 600, a soft reset  will usually resolve most issues.

1. Locate the reset button access hole on the bottom edge of your Reader..
  2. Using a thin object such as a paper clip or stylus, gently press the Reset button..
  3. The screen will not change after pressing the Reset button, then slide the Power switch to turn on the Reader again..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

Don't know the "00" generation, but always worth checking under "Support" heading , then your device              (PRS600 for example) then, as if by magic.......

"Software update procedure | 28  /02 /  2012
                                       Reader Software Update for PC  Update now "

Obviously , don't know if it's the one you want, but there is an update for something !

chjreader
Visitor

Tried it and it makes no difference.

I've tried everything I can think of right down to clearing everything off the PRS600 and starting from scratch. The 'About' on the reader clearly states 'This device is authorised for Adobe DRM protected content' and the odd thing is that sometimes I can read books from my local library and sometimes the protected page error appears. I can ALWAYS read them from the SD card via my PC.

The 'Tips & solutions' page on the Sony site gives a 2 step solution:

1. Delete all borrowed books from the read and transfer them again from Adobe Digital Editions or eBook library

2. Verify that all the borrowed books are of the same format (ePub or PDF) before transfering them to the reader.

I've tried this too - even deleting every book on the reader including all the free ones - and the same problem occurs.

Any more suggestions ???

carpetmojo

If there is , try a soft one first, as with the hard you'll lose all content, so back it up.

See your PM's.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

carpetmojo wrote:

How to perform a soft reset on the Reader 600, a soft reset  will usually resolve most issues.

1. Locate the reset button access hole on the bottom edge of your Reader..
  2. Using a thin object such as a paper clip or stylus, gently press the Reset button..
  3. The screen will not change after pressing the Reset button, then slide the Power switch to turn on the Reader again..