Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-T1 Error message

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
justinstacey
Visitor

PRS-T1 Error message

Hi. I've had my PRS-T1 reader for approx 3 months and it was working fine until yesterday when I tried to turn a page in the book I was reading. It kept trying to open the next page and failing, alternating between a blank page and the moving circular arrow every second or so. Anyway I left it trying to do this overnight until the battery had drained. I then connected the reader to the pc via usb to charge it, which was successful. However when I tried to re-open my book it came up with the message 'Error: Protected by Digital Rights Management'. I have 9 other books on the reader and it says the same message for all of them (some of the books I have already read!).

Just to compound the issue the pc no longer recognises the reader so I can't delete the books and re-load them.

Somebody please help because I'm off on my hols soon!

Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crumpy0118
New

I'd try resetting the reader first, see http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=C1006380&fes=true&m...

Then you can format the memory which clears everything on the reader so make sure you have everything backed up first.

Then using the reader software on your PC sync the contents to the reader as required.

This worked with my PRS-505 so I hope it works for you too, enjoy the holiday.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
crumpy0118
New

I'd try resetting the reader first, see http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=C1006380&fes=true&m...

Then you can format the memory which clears everything on the reader so make sure you have everything backed up first.

Then using the reader software on your PC sync the contents to the reader as required.

This worked with my PRS-505 so I hope it works for you too, enjoy the holiday.